Thursday, November 12, 2009

November 12th- Media Overload

I have been awake for about three hours now but already I have had a full dose of media.  I woke up this morning and checked Facebook, which is my first exposure of the day.  I was looking at some upcoming events to see what exactly what I have to do in the next couple of days and the weeks to come.  This fulfilled the information aspect of media and helped make my day a little less stressful.  Next I watched a full hour of ESPN's Sportscenter to get my daily fix of sports.  Sportscenter has been around for many years now and I have seen it change from the days of Dan Patrick to the moving of a studio to Los Angeles.  I have to say that I enjoyed the program much more back in the day then now where they have a little media bar on the side.  Another thing I have noticed from ESPN is that they have become the Fox News of the sports world.  I say this because it seems in almost every sport ESPN chooses a couple of teams to support.  Examples include USC in college football, Kansas in college basketball, and the New England Patriots in the NFL.  After a healthy dose of one-sided sports coverage I drove to class and listened to the radio for music as entertainment and now I am on the internet playing games and posting on my blog.

Peace and Love,
Erik Hild

No comments:

Post a Comment